Over the past decade, the Management Development Institute and our dedicated partners have empowered more than 900 health care professionals from countries across Africa to strengthen health systems and help achieve national health priorities. This December, we will recognize your leadership and vision, honoring MDI graduates who are helping to ensure the delivery of quality health care for underserved populations across the continent.
Our 10Anniversary event will feature a discussion on the importance of linking Kenya's system of health education and training with the needs of patients and health care providers.
We will also focus on the importance of using data for decision making in health care management. How is the training of new health care workers aligned with the demands of the Kenyan health economy, and what do the data tell us about worker recruitment and retention?
Join us and participate in stimulating conversations, share learnings and strengthen your networks as we grow a community of excellent leaders and managers devoted to improving the health of Africans across the continent.
- Dr Githinji Gitahi, Group Chief Executive Officer, Amref Health Africa
- Dr. Sam Thenya, Founder and Group Chief Executive Officer of The Nairobi Women's Hospital (NWH)
- Ms. Jane Wathome, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Beacon of Hope
- Dr. Nicholas Muraguri, Director of Medical Services, Kenya Ministry of Health
- Keynote: Dr. Alec Hansen, PhD, Competitiveness and Economic Strategy Advisor, FHI 360, Co-Author/Researcher "WORKFORCE CONNECTIONS - KENYA HEALTH SECTOR LABOR MARKET ASSESSMENT" 2015
- Moderator: Dr. Nzomo Mwita, PhD, Head of M&E/Technical Specialist-Training, Amref Health Africa
DATE: Friday, December 4, 2015
TIME: 11:30-4:00 pm [Lunch will be served]
LOCATION: Amref Health Africa Headquarters,
Lang'ata Road, Opposite Wilson Airport,
RSVP for this event by Wednesday, November 25.
By invitation only. Invitation is non-transferable.
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation on Twitter using #MDIturns10
@mdichip @Amref_Kenya @JNJGlobalHealth